Sunday, October 17, 2010

Shazam! Welcome to My Blog

This blog has moved to http://www.castinails.blogspot.com/.  Check it out for more posts, more photos, more polish!

Greetings!  What you are about to read is a blog chronicling my love of all things nail polish.  As a reformed nail biter whose been collecting polishes for ages, I have a modest stash which I would like to share with you, swatching some older colors I've been hard-pressed to find other pictures for.  I will also be keeping you up to date as my collection increases.

For my very first post I thought it fitting to start out with the first polish I ever fell in love with, Revlon Super Top Speed Shazam.  Why this was discontinued is an enigma, I could kick myself for not picking up an extra bottle when I had the chance!  It's dark pink, light pink and silver glitter in a clear base and it just screams for your nails to be noticed!  Perfectly opaque in two coats (amazing for an 8 year old polish), this is it with no base coat and one coat of seche vite.

 Revlon Shazam, two coats indoors, indirect sunlight
 Revlon Shazam, two coats indoors, indirect sunlight
 Revlon Shazam, two coats indoors, fluorescent light
Revlon Shazam, two coats indoors, direct sunlight (Bling!)

I love the way it sparkles in the sun!  The color also seems to compliment any outfit I have on, it truly is an amazing polish.  Sadly this is probably my bottle's last application left, so I'm glad it got the chance to be memorialized here.  If you're ever fortunate enough to come across it I wouldn't hesitate to snatch it up.  There are some possible dupes I'm looking into, anyone have any suggestions?  What was your first polish obsession?

Thanks for stopping by, come back again soon!

This blog has moved to http://www.castinails.blogspot.com/.  Check it out for more posts, more photos, more polish!

2 comments: